We’ve got some EXCITING updates to share with you! The 2022 GA Legislature passed GA HB 517 which amended the QEE Tax Credit law to:
- Raise the annual cap to $120 million
- Remove the sunset (roll-back) on the credit cap
- Increase taxpayer contribution limits to $2,500 for single filers, $5,000 for joint filers, and $25,000 for the owners of pass-through businesses
- $6 million of the available credits shall be set aside for use by insurance companies that pay insurance premium tax (rather than income tax)
- Enhance SSO reporting recommendations from the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
We would like to say THANK YOU to our legislators for prioritizing school choice and making it more accessible for students in Georgia!