Student Application for the 2022-2023 School Year
To qualify for this program:
- Student must be a Georgia resident.
- Student must meet the State eligibility requirements.
- Student must enroll in a qualifying private school for the year in which they are seeking a scholarship. For example, if your student is applying for a scholarship for the 2022-2023 school year, they must be enrolled for the 2022-2023 school year before we will award a scholarship.
- Student must complete the following application, including an essay explaining your service experience. We are not looking for perfection in your essay; we prefer a sincere account written in the students’ words. We would also greatly appreciate you uploading a photo of you serving others, to help us tell the Learning to Serve story to our supporters.
Each student is asked to submit an essay detailing their service experience, including a description of service, hours served, and lessons learned. The essay should be appropriate in length as determined by the student’s age.
The student’s essay must include:
* A full description of the service provided
* A description of the benefits provided
* A description of the individuals who benefited from the service
* A narrative description, in the student's own words, of what benefits they personally experienced in providing the service and what benefits they believe the recipient of the service enjoyed.
* A description of anecdotes and personal experiences that demonstrate the personal effect the service had on the student. How did the experience affect the student and develop the student’s character?
In submitting these materials, I certify that all of the information submitted in support of my application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. False information will result in termination of the scholarship if granted.
I certify that the information provided by the applicant is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.